Monday, January 24, 2011

Baked Potato Soup

This recipe is from a Big Fat Binder of family recipes that my mom gave me for Christmas last year.  I love it and use it weekly!!  Thanks Mom!

Ingredients:
4 Baking Potatoes
2/3 Cup Flour
6 Cups Milk
1 Cup Reduced Fat Cheddar Cheese (plus more for sprinkling on top)
1 Teaspoon Salt (I used seasoned salt)
1/2 Teaspoon Black Pepper
1 Cup Sour Cream (I used Fat Free)
3/4 Cup Chopped Green Onions (plus more for sprinkling on top)
6 Slices Bacon, cooked and crumbled (I used Turkey Bacon)

1.  Bake potatoes.  Peel and coarsely mash.
2.  Lightly spoon flour into a large pot.
3.  Gradually add milk, stirring with a whisk until blended.
4.  Cook over Medium heat until thick and bubbly (approximately 8 minutes).
5.  Add mashed potatoes, cheese, salt, pepper.  (I also added a few shakes of minced onion) Stir until cheese melts.
6.  Remove from heat.
7.  Stir in sour cream and 1/2 cup onions.
8.  Cook over Low heat for 10 minutes.  DO NOT BOIL.
9.  Sprinkle servings with cheese, onions, and bacon.

Makes approximately 8 servings.

No comments:

Post a Comment