This recipe is from a Big Fat Binder of family recipes that my mom gave me for Christmas last year. I love it and use it weekly!! Thanks Mom!
4 Baking Potatoes
2/3 Cup Flour
6 Cups Milk
1 Cup Reduced Fat Cheddar Cheese (plus more for sprinkling on top)
1 Teaspoon Salt (I used seasoned salt)
1/2 Teaspoon Black Pepper
1 Cup Sour Cream (I used Fat Free)
3/4 Cup Chopped Green Onions (plus more for sprinkling on top)
6 Slices Bacon, cooked and crumbled (I used Turkey Bacon)
1. Bake potatoes. Peel and coarsely mash.
2. Lightly spoon flour into a large pot.
3. Gradually add milk, stirring with a whisk until blended.
4. Cook over Medium heat until thick and bubbly (approximately 8 minutes).
5. Add mashed potatoes, cheese, salt, pepper. (I also added a few shakes of minced onion) Stir until cheese melts.
6. Remove from heat.
7. Stir in sour cream and 1/2 cup onions.
8. Cook over Low heat for 10 minutes. DO NOT BOIL.
9. Sprinkle servings with cheese, onions, and bacon.
Makes approximately 8 servings.