Tuesday, May 3, 2011

A pervert. And Tom Hanks.

The boys and I have come to love Dave Peel park in Bentonville.  If the weather is decent, we head straight to the park after my morning workout.  This park has a steady stream of moms and kids, and we try to go 3-4 times a week.

Anyway, on this particular day, we got to the park and there was only 1 mom and her two little ones.  The park is fully fenced, and as we entered the gate, the mom approached me to warn me about a guy that had been watching the park.  His car was backed into the parking spot and he was sitting in the passenger side of the car facing the park.  She told me that he'd been there for at least an hour.  This favorite park of ours is just off of the downtown square and courthouse, so I was thinking that maybe he was waiting for a friend who might be in the courthouse... Plus, with the courthouse so close, there were sheriffs' cars constantly driving around the park.

Well that mom decided to leave.  And that left just us.  I was getting ready to leave because that man was literally staring at me.  Straight at me.  Gross.  And then here come 3 more moms and their kiddos.  I told them about the perv that was lurking in the old school blue car and they confirmed that yes, he was looking right at us.  And who knows if he was there for us good-looking women, or for our precious children.

One mom, I later learned her name was Monica, immediately called the police.  Within 5 minutes, 3 police cars quietly surrounded the suspicious perv-mobile and blocked off the street in both directions.  Wow.  Now that's service!  And then all policemen are out of their cars and practically rolling on the ground.  Maybe this creep is a friend of theirs?  One of them approaches us and asks for Monica.  She revealed herself as the policeman asked what she had against Tom Hanks.  What?  We were seriously confused.


If you look closely, it does look a lot like Tom Hanks.  And if you look really closely, you will see that it is in fact Tom Hanks... Forest Gump to be exact, in cardboard cutout form.

Well I felt much better after a good laugh.  The car (and cardboard) belonged to the neighbors that live just on the other side of the fence you see in the background.

No comments:

Post a Comment